Nothing beats a plate of delicious hot wings with a side of carrots and celery and a tall glass of beer. While you still have to buy the beer, we’re going to show you how to make hot wings.
How To Make Hot Wings
Americans will devour roughly 25 billion wings in all of 2016.
While that’s a heck of a lot of wings, it’s not entirely surprising seeing as hot wings are one of the most popular party appetizers. Not only are they mouth-watering (with the right sauce), but they’re also one of the few pieces of food that you can enjoy easily with one hand so that you can fist a beer in the other, making it the perfect game time meal.
If you’re hosting a party or just want to enjoy some hot wings for dinner, don’t buy frozen wings or order delivery. Instead, learn how to make hot wings at home!
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- canola or veg oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 to 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup hot sauce of choice (Frank’s Hot Buffalo used for this recipe)
- Start by preheating your oven to 375F. Coat your wings with salt, pepper and oil and throw them all on a sheet pan. Bake the the wings for 30 minutes, then flip them over and bake them for another 20 minutes while you prepare the sauce.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, hot sauce, garlic and vinegar. If it doesn’t taste the way you like, either add more vinegar to make it tangier or more hot sauce to make it spicier.
- Pull the wings out of the oven, change the temperature to 450F and drain off all excess fat from the sheet pan. Batter the wings with the hot sauce, place the wings back on the sheet pan and drizzle any excess sauce over the top of them.
- Depending on how spicy you like your wings, bake them again for either 8 to 10 minutes for nice and crispy wings or 3 to 5 minutes for super saucy wings.
- Serve your wings while hot, along with carrots and celery.
What do you think of this homemade hot wings recipe? Share your experience with us in the comment section below.
- 14 Super Bowl Appetizers
- Chicken and Waffle Wings | Homemade Recipes
- 12 Homemade Chicken Wings Recipes To Die For
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Make sure to follow us on social media too: