Chicken kebabs are perfect for parties, backyard barbecues and even ideal for a fun summer soiree. Today we’ll show you how to prepare this easy yet delicious meal along with papaya chutney. We also pair the perfect wine for this meal. Read on for more.
Chicken Kebabs Recipe
1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
Fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks (or use canned)
1. In a small saucepan cook the onion in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the curry powder and garlic in hot oil for 15 to 20 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, water, salt, and pepper; set aside.
3. Thread chicken cubes, bell peppers, pineapple and onion on 4 long metal skewers (or eight 10-inch wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes prior to using).
4. Stir the curry mixture and brush kabobs on all sides.
5. Grill kebobs on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Or, place kebobs on an unheated rack of a broiler pan; broil 5 to 6-inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
6. Serve immediately with Papaya Chutney.
Makes 4 servings.
1 cup chopped, peeled apple
1 cup chopped, peeled papaya
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden raisins
2 tablespoons chopped green and/or red bell pepper
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
In a medium saucepan, combine the apple, papaya, brown sugar, raisins, peppers, vinegar, water, lemon juice and rind, and salt.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until fruit is tender and chutney is desired consistency.
Wild Orchid Sauvignon Blanc
A glass of Wild Orchid Sauvignon Blanc can be perfectly paired with this meal. So pour yourself a glass and bon appetite!
If you enjoyed this article and want see more yummy recipes be sure to leave your feedback in the comment section below! We love hearing from you!
More Dinner recipes