If you're planning to live a zero-waste lifestyle then drop your store-bought toothpaste in exchange for this homemade baking soda toothpaste recipe.
RELATED: DIY Homemade Mouthwash Recipe
DIY Baking Soda Toothpaste
Click here to jump to the recipe card.
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- small container (glass)
- 1 tablespoon of xylitol powder (optional)
- 20 drops of cinnamon powder, clove oil, or ginger (optional)
- 20 to 25 drops of your preferred essential oil (optional)
- ✔️ Naturally Nourishing Coconut Oil for Hair - With its unique combination of natural fats, coconut oil helps hydrate...
- ✔️ Hydrate Naturally With Coconut Oil for Skin - Coconut oil organic is a naturally moisturizing body oil that can help...
- ✔️ Perfect Coconut Oil for Cooking and Baking - An unrefined coconut oil with a naturally high smoke point (350°F), this...
- Put the coconut oil in a container with hot water. This process would take 15 to 20 minutes depending on the room temperature.
- Place all the remaining ingredients together with the coconut oil. Stir them together until completely blended.
- When done, it's highly suggested to put the finished product in a lidded glass container.
- You can add more baking soda to make the paste firmer. During winter, you can opt to add less soda so it'll be easier to dispense from the container.
- Flavored essential oils do not really affect the taste of toothpaste. However, they provide a refreshing aftertaste.
- Add stevia as a sweetener to have that hind of sweetness.
- Tea tree oil, peppermint oils, and lemongrass oil are just some of the essential oils you can add to make an anti-bacterial toothpaste.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
I know that there are lots of natural and organic toothpaste available but they can be pricey! Homemade baking soda toothpaste is the perfect cheap alternative for that. If you don't want to put all those scary stuff in your mouth then you should try making this.
Have you tried using homemade baking soda toothpaste? If you have, share your experience in the comments section!
- Natural Homemade Dry Shampoo For Light and Dark Hair
- Easy DIY Bath Bombs Recipe *NOW with Tips & Tricks*
- 11 Face Mask Recipes You Can Eat
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Also, make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply