Nothing beats an authentic taco from a Mexican stand. Unless, of course, you have a delicious adobo chicken tacos recipe to make at home.
Adobo Chicken Tacos Recipe
Everyone knows that the best tacos are those that are served fresh off the skillet, packed with authentic Mexican ingredients like al pastor, carne asada or carnitas and topped with onions, cilantro, hot sauce and the like. While Mexican stands have these types of tacos available at the snap of a finger (and for a really low price), sometimes the craving for great tacos comes when you’re at home.
Don’t think you can top the authentic tacos made by professionals? Well you’re in for a surprise because we’ve got a delicious, simple and authentic adobo chicken tacos recipe from Redditor shaydatticus. Check out the full recipe below and get ready for one heck of a Taco Tuesday.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 tbsp. oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- corn tortillas + oil
- chopped cilantro
- minced onion
- lime wedges
- Cook the chicken and onions over high heat with salt and pepper in oil until slightly brown.
- Add adobo sauce to the chicken and onions and combine.
- Continue heating on medium/low heat until the mixture isn’t as wet.
- Set aside.
- Using a skillet, heat up the corn tortillas with a small amount of oil on medium/high heat until just slightly crispy.
- To serve, stack 2 tortillas per taco and generously add chicken.
- Top with raw onions, cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce.
- These Spicy Shrimp Tacos With Avocado Salsa Are Just Heavenly
- Grilled Cheese Tacos Are About To Change The Game
- Homemade Chinese Tacos Recipe
- Eating Clean Recipes | Episode 1: Habanero Chicken Tacos
- 10 Flavor-Packed Carne Asada Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Homemade Carnitas Recipe
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: