Pair this simple and delicious cranberry sauce recipe with the rest of your Thanksgiving plate to add more flavors.
Homemade Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Pairing a juicy turkey slice with cranberry sauce is one of those things that shouldn’t work, but totally does. While it can even be enjoyed on its own, it’s best when paired with the rest of your Thanksgiving dish. Since you or your loved ones have already spent enough time prepping and cooking the rest of the food, the cranberry sauce should be easy. In 20 minutes, you can have this cranberry sauce recipe up and ready to go, with minimal effort. Check it out below!
- 1 (12 oz.) bag cranberries
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups sugar, white or brown
- 1 cup water
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 – 1 cup raisins or chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook for a total of 5 minutes or until the skin of the cranberries begin to pop open.
- After the 5 minutes, toss in the chopped apple, as well as the zests and juices from the orange and lemon. Cook for another 15 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the sauce from heat and add the raisins and nuts.
- Let the cranberry sauce cool before serving.
- Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes For A Thanksgiving Side Dish
- 17 Thanksgiving Side Dishes For A Joyous Celebration
- The Best Sandwich You Can Make From Thanksgiving Leftovers
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Make sure to follow us on social media too: