Looking for a comforting chili recipe to help stave off the cold weather? This traditional chili recipe with ground beef will keep you warm from the inside out!
If you love savory foods, then chili is all these and more–meaty, cheesy, and saucy! With the cold weather approaching, nothing screams warm and cozy like a big bowl of delicious chili. A spicy crockpot chili with ground beef is perfect for a get-together, game night, and even for picnics. The secret’s out! This is one of the easiest and the best chili recipe so let’s get cooking!
Hearty Chili Recipe In 3 Easy Steps Plus More Cooking Tips
- 1 ½ pound of lean ground beef
- 1 piece of small-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pieces of garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 piece of onion, chopped
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed properly
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 2 cans beef broth
Step 1: Place a Large Skillet Over a Medium Heat
View this post on Instagram
Nothing but the best… Netherwood Angus, grass fed, hormone free, free from routine antibiotics, free range deliciousness! #groundbeef #angus #freerange #grassfed #beef #hormonefree #antibioticfree #netherwood #netherwoodangus #netherwoodnaturalbeef #keto #beefandbutterfast #beefitup #midlands #nottinghamroad #southafrica
Place a large skillet on a stove over a medium heat. Combine ground beef, chopped bell pepper, onion, and garlic cloves into the skillet. Keep stirring until the ground beef crumbles and turns brown. Drain any liquid from the skillet.
Step 2: Transfer Cooking Process in a Slow Cooker
Once the ground beef is all brown, transfer it to a crock pot or slow cooker. Add red kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and stir in salt, ground cumin, chili powder, and pepper. Add the beef broth and cook all ingredients on high for three to four hours. You can also cook this on low heat for five to six hours.
Step 3: Serve and Enjoy!
By lunchtime or at the end of the day you’ll have a hearty meal waiting for you to enjoy. Serve warm with garlic bread or crackers or top with your favorite chili toppings like avocado, chips, and fresh herbs. Wasn’t that easy peasy?
1. If you wish to achieve a thicker sauce, you can add in crushed saltine crackers. Stir well. Keep on adding the crushed crackers until you have achieved your desired sauce thickness.
2. Chili toppings include shredded cheese, avocado slices, lettuce shreds, sliced olives, guacamole, crushed tortilla chips, fresh herbs, and extra spicy salsa.
3. Sautee onion and garlic before adding ground meat to release their flavors and spread it out to the rest of the recipe.
4. You can use canned beef broth but if you want it healthier and flavorful, make your own homemade broth from beef marrow bones.
5. Want to add umami to your already hearty soup? Add anchovies, fish sauce, or soy sauce and take your chili recipe to a whole new level.
Watch this video from The Domestic Geek and cook chili in three more delicious ways:
This easy homemade chili recipe is perfect to keep you snug over winter time or on a rainy day. This recipe is easy and requires simple preparation–something you would love to cook every day for your family. What are you waiting for? Cook a comfort meal; treat yourself, friends, and family to delicious feel-good chili today!
Are you planning to try this delicious chili recipe today? Tell us how it went in the comments section below!
Up Next: 13 Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on January 2, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Originally posted on January 2, 2017 @ 3:10 AM