Think outside of the box and past the boundaries of simple Earth to make these amazing and vibrantly colored galaxy bagels.
Out Of This World Galaxy Bagels | Homemade Recipes
Galaxy bagels are taking over!
If you’ve got social media, there’s a 1000% chance you’ve stumbled upon the vibrantly colored bagels made to look like tiny galaxies. While they don’t change the taste you know and love about bagels, it does make for an awesome experience…especially for Instagram.
Learn how to make your own out of this world galaxy bagels!
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- electrical blue food color gel
- pink food color gel
- Place the flour in a large bowl along with the water. Add the salt on one side of the bowl and yeast on the other. Mix together for a few minutes. Make sure the dough is not sticky to the touch but also not too dry.
- Mix in the pink and blue food coloring into the dough and knead until the dough is muddled streaks of purple and pink.
- Place the dough into a bowl, cover it with cling film and let it double in size in a warm place.
- Take the dough out and divide it into equal pieces. With a floured finger, poke a hole into the center of each piece and stretch it out to give it the shape of a bagel.
- Cover each of the bagels and let the sit for another 10 minutes.
- Place a pan with 2 inches of water over medium/high heat. Add salt into the water, bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat so that it stays at a simmer.
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Drop 2 to 3 bagels into the simmering water and cook for a minute, flipping over once after 30 seconds. Place the bagels on a cooling rack while you wait for the rest to cook.
- Place each bagel on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the galaxy bagels with cream cheese and enjoy.
- Gotta Eat ‘Em All: Pokémon Go Inspired Doughnuts
- 12 Homemade Churros That Make Extraordinary Treats
- Homemade Krispy Kreme Donuts Recipe
- An Easy Donut Recipe To Make Your Life Easier
- Pizza Bagel Pops | Homemade Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: