At Homemade Recipes, every one of us loves salmon. It’s delicious, filled with nutrients, and easy to fix. In spite of all its pros, there is only one con we can come into contact with—it’s not budget-friendly.
Lucky for us there is a more affordable and accessible alternative that’s totally pantry staple material—canned salmon!
RELATED: How To Cook Salmon
Things to Do With Canned Salmon
Reasons to Buy Canned Salmon
- It’s inexpensive. The price varies from $2.00 – $5.00 per canned salmon, depending on the brand and type of salmon you will get in your local grocery store.
- Canned salmon is rich in protein, vitamin D, calcium, and healthy omega-3 fats.
- ALL types of canned salmon are healthy choices.
- There is a huge variety of ways to cook canned salmon. Keep scrolling for 11 easy and healthy canned salmon recipes.
11 Recipes Using Canned Salmon
Canned salmon can be a great start to a fast and healthy meal. Read on for tasty, budget-friendly, and healthy canned salmon recipes.
1. Budget-Friendly Salmon Burger
Transform canned salmon into simple and savory Salmon Burgers. Not only is this salmon patty recipe delicious, but it’s super easy to make!
2. Easy Salmon Macaroni Salad
Adding canned salmon to your macaroni salad recipe will give it a new spin that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
3. Healthy Salmon Salad
Do you know what’s the catch with this canned salmon recipe? It’s the 2-ingredient dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, paleo ranch dressing!
4. Healthy Salmon Fried Rice
Give fried rice a healthy makeover with canned salmon! This recipe is a mouth-watering recipe sure to please the whole family.
5. Tasty Salmon Nachos
Nacho night? Here’s a simple, fuss-free canned salmon recipe you can even prepare with your kids!
6. Creamy Salmon Lasagna
We love this creamy lasagna! Instead of the traditional lasagna with ground beef try using canned salmon instead and it’s guaranteed that will be a real hit.
7. Tasty Salmon Taco
Here’s something to taco about! This protein-filled canned salmon tacos recipe is so easy to make and is healthy too.
8. Quick Salmon Chowder
Made with canned salmon, corn, and hearty potatoes this creamy and buttery salmon chowder recipe is the ultimate comfort food.
9. Stuffed Salmon Avocado
Avocado and canned salmon go together so perfectly served with sliced lemons for a healthy, delicious meal. A definite crowd-pleaser!
10. Baked Salmon Meatballs
Swear off beef by using canned salmon instead, they are not only healthier but also delicious. Feel free to serve this creamy recipe as is or over pasta!
11. Kale And Salmon Caesar Salad
With canned salmon, hard-boiled eggs, and parmesan cheese, this is one healthy kale caesar salad you won’t be able to get enough of. Try it now!
These are just some of the easiest, tastiest, and most affordable recipes cooked with canned salmon. Don’t be afraid to explore other options. You can also turn up the health level on these recipes on this list by adding spices and veggies.
Do you have any unique canned salmon recipes to share? Let us know in the comments section below!
- Homemade Vodka And Clementine Glazed Salmon Recipe | Pescatarian Recipes
- 5 Wines that Pair Well with Salmon
- DIY Projects | 7 Things You Can Make Using Dried Herbs
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!