Still looking for delicious Fathers Day recipes to make this year? Time is running out, so to help you plan your Fathers Day menu, we’ve put together some tasty recipes that can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Give dad the gift he deserves: a homemade meal filled with love!
20 Homemade Fathers Day Recipes
While Father’s Day is technically celebrated every day (at least it should be!), it’s always fun getting together with the family to honor one of the most important members of a family: dad! So, let’s spoil the dads of the world with their favorite, homemade meals that are filled with love and happiness.
1. Jameson Blue Cheese Burger with Guinness Cheese Sauce & Crispy Onions
- For real men only! (Just kidding.)
image via Half Baked Harvest
Making meals from scratch is one of the most personal things you can do for someone. You’re devoting your time and energy to create a dish that’s special to you and will be presented to them. So, given it’s personal nature, what better way to celebrate the day of someone you love than with a homemade meal? Enter the Jameson Whiskey Cheese Burger! This burger was made for men, by men, and you can bet this recipe comes with its own beard oil and flannel shirt.
2. Pizza Mac n’ Cheese
- But regular pizza is so boring; your dad deserves better! He deserves this recipe!
image via An Edible Mosaic
Mac n Cheese is already great by itself, but Pizza Mac n Cheese takes a classic and makes it even better. With classic pizza flavors like oregano, tomato sauce, and beef, this homemade recipe will be a great addition to your Fathers Day menu. In the words of Emeril Lagasse, “Let’s kick it up a notch!”
3. Lime & Garlic BBQ Chicken Salad
- Forget everything you thought you knew about salads.
image via Cafe Delites
Oh no – this is no ordinary salad! This is one of the tastiest, heartiest salad recipes you’ll ever come across. BBQ chicken, lime and grilled pineapple create a heavenly dish filled with tropical, robust flavors and aromas. With a salad like this, you’ll be left feeling so fulfilled and satisfied, you’ll forget that what you ate was a salad!
4. Homemade Black Forest Pancakes Recipe
- We’ve read dad’s diary and what he secretly wants is to wake up to the smell of these pancakes cooking!
image via Closet Cooking
We know Mother’s Day Brunch is a big deal, but why don’t dad’s get the same Mimosa and pancake treatment? I say, let’s change the status quo and make Fathers Day Brunch a thing! Whip these black forest pancakes up right before dad gets up and let the smells do the rest.
5. Garlic Beer Marinade for Grilled Chicken
- Turn up traditional grilled chicken with this great garlic beer marinade!
image via The Slow Roasted Italian
This recipe is super easy and super fun to make! We love beer battered-anything so of course, we’re going to treat ourselves and dads to this amazing beer garlic marinade. For a beautiful day like Father’s Day, fire up the grill and get this recipe going. We promise you won’t regret it!
6. Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken
- Don’t bacon, beer and cheese just make everything better? Dad thinks so too!
image via The Slow Roasted Italian
Soup is finally getting the attention it deserves! If it’s cold where you live, then never fear! You can still enjoy a beautiful day filled with delicious food. This bacon cheddar beer soup makes a great appetizer and will get your dad pumped for the other courses you have planned!
7. Homemade Bacon Guinness Chocolate Pancakes
- Spare no expense with this uber-decadent frothy whipped cream head, Guinness chocolate sauce, and bacon pancakes!
image via Closet Cooking
If your dad’s more the Ron Swanson, “breakfast is the only meal of the day” kind of guy, then he’s going to love these chocolate Guinness pancakes! (Especially when he finds out they’re topped with a frothy whipped cream head and Guinness chocolate syrup!)
8. Skirt Steak with Homemade Chimichurri Sauce
- This recipe was made just for dads!
image via Bon Appetit
Fathers Day recipes always seem to be loaded with meat, cheese, and beer, don’t they? For a departure from the norm, this chimichurri sauce with skirt steak recipe will add a nice gourmet touch. For those unfamiliar with chimichurri sauce, it is a traditional Argentinian sauce used for grilled meat and made up of parsley, garlic, olive oil, oregano and white vinegar. This recipe is made with a bright and zesty chimichurri sauce and juicy skirt steak. This is definitely for the dads who love their meat!
9. Spicy “Egg in the Hole” with Harissa
- Blow dad’s socks off with this fancy-looking, but easy to make recipe!
image via Buzzfeed
We shouldn’t assume that all dads love beer, chocolate, bacon, and meat. If your father is a gourmet foodie, then he’ll definitely love the harissa in this recipe. This dish is composed of classic elements, such as toast and eggs, and flipped topsy-turvy to create a meal that looks pretty and tastes delicious. To get even fancier, create a heart shape instead of a hole to show dad just how much you love him.
10. Black Bean Salmon Tostada Recipe
- Celebrate summer and Father’s Day with this light and refreshing Mexican-inspired dish.
image via Reluctant Entertainer
This recipe definitely needs to go on your Fathers Day menu as it is light and filled with fun, fresh summer flavors such as guacamole, pico de gallo, lime, and other Mexican-inspired flavors that are going to make dad want an ice cold beer and a sunhat.
11. Bacon, Blue Cheese & Avocado Baguette
- Whisk your dad away to the streets of Paris with this French-inspired recipe.
image via Drizzle & Dip
I think it’s pretty safe to say that baguettes are one of the best inventions to ever grace this planet! The perfect baguette has a thick crust on the outside and is soft and warm on the inside. Now imagine that, but add creamy blue cheese and avocado and salty, crunchy bacon. What you have there is essentially the best open-faced sandwich in the world. And doesn’t dad deserve the best? We sure think so!
12. Prosciutto, Tomato & Olive Spaghetti
- If your dad loves Italian food, he’ll love this fresh take on spaghetti!
image via Tartine & Apron Strings
Take everything you know about pasta and throw it out the window! This homemade recipe is unlike anything you’ve ever tasted before. Olives and prosciutto give this spaghetti a much sought after salty taste. When it comes to special events, nothing beats Italian food, so clear your current menu and make this dish!
13. Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Roasted Poblano Sauce
- Hey, there’s no going wrong with Mexican food! That’s for sure.
image via La Creme de la Crumb
If you’re planning on grilling this Father’s Day, you may as well make this recipe! These shrimp skewers were made for sunny afternoons and family get-togethers, so tantalize everyone’s taste buds with Mexican-inspired flavors and make dad a meal he’ll remember for the rest of his life.
14. Parmesan Potato Wedges
- For the potato and meat-loving dads of the world!
image via My Blessed Life
Just when you thought potato wedges could get no better, some genius decided to put parmesan on them and create a dish unlike anything you’ve ever tasted! If your dad loves potatoes, then this recipe was made just for him!
15. Epic Quinoa Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries, Caramelized Onions & Gruyere
- For the adventurous, think-outside-the-box dads! (This is for you, dad!)
image via Half Baked Harvest
The original recipe isn’t technically vegan, but can be made so with a few alterations. Quinoa patties are so hearty and filling, your dad won’t even believe he’s eating a quinoa burger! Topped with sweet potatoes, caramelized onions and gruyere, this burger recipe is one you absolutely must make for Father’s Day (that is, if you can wait that long).
16. Homemade Diabetic-Friendly Twix Trifle Recipe
- This is a treat everyone will enjoy.
image via Carissa Miss
If you’re looking for diabetic-friendly desserts, we have just the Fathers Day recipe for you. This dessert boasts a sugar-free vanilla pudding that’s layered with Greek yogurt and topped with a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream. You can still have all the fun this Father’s Day with less than half the amount of sugar. Consider this a win-win!
17. Bacon Pancakes
- Why eat bacon as a side when it can be part of your main dish!?
image via Martha Stewart
Bacon is definitely having the best year ever with all the stickers, merchandise and fan clubs that have been created in its honor. The world’s most celebrated ingredient meets a classic breakfast dish to create a meal fit for a king – your dad!
18. Buffalo Chicken Salad
- We strongly believe you can never have TOO much buffalo chicken.
image via The Pioneer Woman
We love the Pioneer Woman (if you haven’t had a chance to check out her site, please do so! You won’t regret it!) and this recipe is another home run by her. A tasty salad topped with large chunks of buffalo chicken makes the perfect light, yet still satisfying meal, for Father’s Day.
19. Sriracha Chicken Bacon Ranch Skewers
- This is the ULTIMATE Father’s Day recipe!
image via Julie’s Eats and Treats
We love “man-approved” recipes as they’re always incredibly decadent, greasy and fatty – all flavors we desperately crave sometimes (who hasn’t fallen victim to a double cheeseburger with bacon attack?). This is the ultimate of “man-approved” meals as its made with ingredients like Sriracha, ranch, bacon and chicken. If your dad is into hearty meals, he’s going to devour (and not be able to do much afterwards) these skewers.
20. Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Ragu Pasta
- End your special day with this decadent, slow-cooked meal.
image via RecipeTin Eats
Fathers Day dinner is set with this slow cooked beef ragu pasta dish! There aren’t words to describe this dish’s flavors; it’s definitely a recipe you have to make to believe.
Ultimately, it’s not about how well you cook, how pristine your plating is, or how expensive your ingredients are. Father’s Day is about spending time with your family, enjoying the day and taking in the company of those you love. A home cooked meal only enhances that atmosphere and helps create even more memories that will last a lifetime! So, enjoy Father’s Day, have fun, and tell dad how much you love him.
Which Fathers day recipes are you excited to cook for your dad? Tell us about it in the comments section below?
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!