This southern-style air fryer fried chicken recipe is a go-to food for most people and there’s actually a tasty reason behind it. It’s healthier and 100x more flavorful than pan-fried chicken.
RELATED: 3 Healthy Chicken Dinners Made Easy
How To Make Easy Air Fryer Fried Chicken | A Southern Style-Cooking
- 2 cups of plain crushed crackers
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 chicken thighs with the skin on
- Cooking spray (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
Now, here’s the simple step by step process of cooking this easy chicken recipe!
Reminder: Preheat the Air fryer to 375°
- In a bowl, combine the crackers, parsley, garlic salt, ground cumin, rubbed sage, paprika, and pepper. Make sure to mix all the ingredients well.
- Place the beaten egg in another bowl.
- Dredge each chicken piece in the egg followed by the herb-mixture. Pat the coating around the chicken so to form a crust.
- Put the chicken in the compartment of the air fryer. Arrange them in a single layer and spray a generous amount of cooking spray.
- After 10 minutes, flip the chicken on the other side and spray with cooking spray.
- Continue cooking until the skin is golden brown and you’ll see the juices flow out, give it another 10-20 minutes.
- Award-Winning Design: Winner of the Red Dot Award for best design, the CP158-AF was designed in California and features an...
- Less Fat: The air fryer uses up to 85% less fat than traditionally deep-fried food while maintaining the same delicious...
- Compared with a 4-quart round basket or even smaller one, COSORI air fryer's 5.8- Quart Square Nonstick Basket can fit a 5...
- Make sure to set it at the right temperature to achieve a crispy skin on the outside and moist chicken meat on the inside.
- If using huge cuts, you can opt to have 2 eggs. You can also use a food processor in mixing all the herbs and spices.
- The cooking time varies with the air fryer model that’s why this recipe provides a range of suggested cook time. You can use the time indicated and adjust.
- Do not overlap the chicken with each other. It’s best to file them in a single layer with a small space between them. This way you’ll be able to achieve that perfect crust.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
Air frying is much healthier than frying in oil. It lessens the harmful effects present in oil frying. In cooking this air fryer chicken, you won’t need any grease at all.
And there you have it! Quite simple right? This southern-style air fryer fried chicken can be done in under an hour! This comfort food is truly one that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Do you have other southern-style fried chicken recipes? Let us know in the comments section!
- How to Make Fried Chicken | Spicy Fried Chicken
- Baked Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe | Homemade Recipes
- 12 Potato Salad Recipes to Serve At Your Next Party
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!