Whether you want to keep refreshed in the summer heat or recover from a killer hangover, this michelada recipe is just what you need.
A Michelada Recipe To Remind You Of Summer All Year
A michelada is a Mexican concoction, made from beer, lime juice and any number of spices, peppers and spices—chilled in a salt-rimmed glass. As you make your way down Mexico and through Latin America the micheladas vary, but one thing always remains the same…they’re all refreshing to the core. Grab a couple of tacos or a burrito and pair them with a michelada recipe that you’ll absolutely love.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice (3 limes)
- 12 oz. Mexican beer (Tecate or Corona)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce (or other vinegar-based hot sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. coarse or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- lime slices
- citrus juicer
- measuring cups and spoons
- 2 small plates
- 2 serving glasses
- cocktail shaker
- long spoon
- Juice your limes and set them aside.
- Combine the 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika and salt and spread it out on a plate. Do the same with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Grab your glasses and dip them first in the honey and then the paprika mix.
- Mix the lime juice, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, soy sauce, beer and a handful of ice in a cocktail shaker. Use the long spoon to mix it well.
- Pour the michelada into your glasses. Top with cracked pepper and smoked paprika.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media:
Leave a Reply