Nothing says fall like this apple pie salsa with cinnamon sugar chips! Your Thanksgiving guests will LOVE this tasty autumn-inspired dessert.
How to Make Apple Pie Salsa With Cinnamon Sugar Chips
If you're obsessed with all things fall, we have just three words for you: apple pie salsa. This recipe turns everyone's favorite snack dip into a deliciously sweet bowl of apple pie. Made from a combination of warm Granny Smith apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, this salsa is perfectly sweet. Add a bowl of buttery cinnamon sugar chips, and you've got a seriously tasty dessert on your hands. Say goodbye to lackluster frozen pies – this dessert salsa is a total game-changer. Check out the recipe below to see how it's done, and be sure to leave your own fall-inspired dessert ideas in the comments!
Apple Pie Salsa:
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, diced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipped cream (optional)
Cinnamon Sugar Chips:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 5 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
Preparing the Salsa:
- In large sauté pan, combine apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cornstarch. Cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm. Top with whipped cream just before serving.
Preparing the Chips:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with melted butter. Rub cinnamon-sugar mixture onto both sides of each tortilla. Cut tortillas into wedges.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes until brown and crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
- How to Make a Cake That Looks Like a Real Thanksgiving Turkey
- 16 Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipes You Need This Fall
- 5 Easy Ways to Make Your Thanksgiving Pies Look Awesome
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: