Want to learn how to make a delicious and flavorful scramble, Moroccan-style?
How to Make Moroccan Scramble
I dream of roaming the streets of Morocco tasting the street food and shopping the local markets. Someday I’ll travel to those beautiful cities that lie on the coast of Africa and collect inspiration from the colorful homes, monuments and culture. Until that day, I will continue to bring Moroccan-inspired food to the table. This is one of my favorite breakfast dishes because it’s unique, bursting with flavor and takes your taste buds to the streets of Marrakesh.
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1 whole grain pita
- 2 turkey breakfast sausages
- ½ an avocado
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- Jalapeño, sliced
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Drain chickpeas and rinse well.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high, add beans to the pan and sprinkle with cumin, salt and cayenne. Toss chickpeas around pan until they're coated well. Continue to heat your chickpeas until they get crispy (5-10 minutes). While waiting, begin to cook your breakfast sausage.
- Remove from pan.
- In a bowl, scramble eggs together and pour into large saucepan.
- Place pita pockets in oven until warm (350 degrees, ~ 5-10 minutes).
- While your eggs and sausage are cooking, begin preparing your toppings.
- Wash cilantro and remove stems.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl.
- When the sausage is done, dice your links into small chunks.
- Remove pita bread from the oven.
- On each plate, place a half a pita and spread guacamole over it.
- Next, lay down your eggs and sausage and sprinkle crispy chickpeas over the top.
- Garnish with jalapeños, cilantro and a pinch of salt.
You now have a delicious Moroccan scramble on hand that you are going to LOVE! How quick and easy was that?
Get the latest recipes from our kitchen!
Sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Do you have Instagram? Don’t forget to follow @HomemadeRecipesOfficial.
Click here to Like Us on Facebook.
Click here to Follow Homemade Recipes on Pinterest
thank you for the sharing