Making lasagna from scratch is not as difficult as you think. If you think that buying ready made pasta from the grocery store is the best way to go, you better think again. If you want all your ingredients to be fresh, then here is one lasagna recipe that you must try!
Cheesy and Delicious Lasagna from Scratch
For the noodle
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- Coarse salt
- 3 pieces of large eggs
For the sauce
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 32 ounces of cottage cheese
- 2 pieces of eggs
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 pieces of eggs
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese (grated)
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of parsley (dried)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Place flour into a work surface and mound it. Beat egg into the center. Add pinch of salt in a bowl and beat some eggs into it.
- With the use of fork, add the flour into the eggs gradually. Add small amounts at a time until the dough is already stiff.
- Knead dough for about 10 minutes. Cover the dough with plastic and set aside for 1 ½ hours.
- Divide dough into 8 parts. Dust the resulting dough lightly with the use of flour and feed one pasta at a time into the pasta machine. Fold the dough lengthwise and feed it into the machine two times.
- Cut the sheets into lasagna noodles.
- Pour cool water into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt into the water and bring it into a boil. Cook 2 to 3 pieces of noodles at a time for 1 and a half minutes. Place the noodles in a wire mesh and allow cool water to pass through.
- Place beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain the excess grease and add spaghetti sauce. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Place the cheeses, eggs and parsley, black pepper and salt in a bowl and mix it altogether.
- Place sauce in the baking dish, cover it with lasagna noodles then cover with cheese mixture and the pasta sauce one more. Do 2 layers more.
- Pour ½ cup of water into the pan and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pan in a preheated oven in 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking for 10 minutes more.
This warm and tasty meal is perfect for any weeknight (especially when it’s rainy or cold out and you want a nice hearty meal to enjoy!). It is also a great option for a potluck or dinner party!
Meledie Knopf says
I’m a bit confused! The recipe calls for TWO PIECES IS EGGS not just once, but twice. Are four eggs required? And just exactly which piece of the egg should be used?