Get out of your comfort zone and dive into a culinary adventure with this simple yet delicious escargots recipe topped with parsley-garlic butter sauce.
Escargots in Parsley-Garlic Butter Sauce
The first thing that comes into mind when you think of snails for dinner might be “UM NO THANKS”. Sadly, most of us outside of Europe fall into that category, but it shouldn’t be like that. If you’re a fan of clams or oysters, it’s almost like the same thing! Topped off with the fact that escargot is typically smothered in butter, you can be assured that you’re in for a tasty treat.
If you’re curious about trying out escargots right at home, check out this simple recipe filled with a delicious parsley-garlic butter sauce.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 5 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup parsley
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 7-oz. cans shelled escargots
- Place 2 teaspoons of butter in a saucepan and turn your stove to low heat. Add the munched garlic and cook, while stirring, for a minute.
- Add the butter/garlic mixture into a food processor or blender and toss in the rest of the butter as well as the parsley, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Blend or process until smooth.
- Get a tablespoon of the mixture and dump it into a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shelled escargots into the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- In another saucepan, add the remainder of the butter sauce and turn the stove to low heat. Cook and stir until it’s thick and creamy.
- Plate the escargots and pour the butter sauce over them.
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media:
Leave a Reply