Learn how to make deviled eggs that are perfect for Halloween.
Bacon & Chive Deviled Eggs for Halloween
Deviled eggs make some of the easiest party appetizers because they don’t require any hard-to-get ingredients and you can prepare enough for a crowd in under thirty minutes. Not only that, but they also taste pretty damn good, as long as you prepare the yolk mixture the right way.
Since Halloween is here, we thought you would enjoy these bacon and chive deviled eggs, which uses red food coloring and white vinegar to stain the egg white and give it a bloody red look.
Check out the recipe below, from Reddit user NiniPanini, to learn how to make deviled eggs for Halloween.
How To Make Deviled Eggs
Makes 20 deviled eggs
- 10 eggs
- White vinegar
- Red food coloring
- Garlic Mayonnaise
- Lemon juice
- Pickle Juice
- Spicy brown mustard
- Sour cream
- Place eggs in a in a saucepan and cover with enough water so that there’s about 1 1/2 inches of water above all of the eggs.
- Heat the eggs on high until water begins to boil, then cover it with a lid, turn the heat to low, and cook them for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and leave the eggs covered in the saucepan for another 14 minutes.
- Rinse all the eggs under cold water a minute.
- Under cool running water, gently crack the eggs and dry them with paper towels.
- Now slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks into a bowl and placing the whites in a separate bowl.
- Add two cups of hot water, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and good amount of red food coloring into the bowl with the eggs whites. Let them soak for a couple of minutes until you get the desired color.
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork and add garlic mayonnaise, paprika, lemon juice, splash of pickle juice, salt, pepper, spicy brown mustard a couple of tablespoons of sour cream.
- Evenly place teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Cook bacon in a pan until crispy.
- Sprinkle the eggs with paprika, chives and bits of bacon.
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Have Instagram? Don’t forget to follow HomemadeRecipesOfficial.
Click here to Like Us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter
Browse through our Tumblr
Finally, check out Homemade Recipes on Pinterest