Lesson 4: How To Decorate A Cake | Decorate a Cake with Icing & Filling
From here we move on to a discussion of how to decorate a cake with icing and filling in cake decorating. Steve talks about several different types of filling and cake decorating options, recognizing that you can pretty much “fill a cake with anything” (especially if you don’t care what it tastes like…like LEGOs….or sawdust). There are all manners of ways to add and use filling when cake decorating, both inside the cake as well as around the perimeter to make it look super duper pretty pretty. We also learn how to properly use filling so it doesn’t extrude from the cake, some awesome homemade recipes, and several different cake icing techniques that only use the best natural ingredients!
In this video:
- Types of filling.
- Types of icing to use when you decorate a cake.
- How to make sure filling doesn’t spill out of your cake.
- Special blending techniques for the best filling.
- Special blending techniques for the best icing.
- Important mixing techniques.
- Summer vs Winter icing secrets.
- Adding flavors
- And more!
Do you have Instagram? Don’t forget to follow @HomemadeRecipesOfficial.
Click here to Like Us on Facebook.
Click here to Follow Homemade Recipes on Pinterest
Originally posted on April 1, 2015 @ 11:36 PM