This chocolate crepe recipe can surely take you back to your good old childhood years. The yummy chocolate filling is absolutely nostalgic, and the creamy goodness will make you wish you weren’t on a diet. So what are you waiting for?
Let’s start prepping these yummy chocolate crepes with this easy crepe recipe!
Chocolate Crepes Recipe With Chocolate Mascarpone Filling
Today, I plan on showing you how to easily make a variety of crepes for dessert, including some chocolate crepes to appease the chocolate lovers in my household. To make them even better, I’ll show you how to fill them with a quick and simple chocolate mascarpone filling! Enjoy!
- 1 ¼ c. (120g) Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 c. Milk
- 2 Tbsp. (30g) Melted Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Honey
- Extra butter for greasing the pan
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder and 1 Tbsp. Honey
Steps 1-4 .
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients; I like to use a blender to make sure that the ingredients are well combined.
- Let the batter rest in the refrigerator while you prepare the other components of the recipe.
- When you are ready to make your crepes, heat a non-stick pan to a medium high heat, and melt a little bit of butter in it. Wipe away the excess butter with a paper towel.
- Pour enough crepe batter to thinly cover the bottom of the pan. To get the batter to coat the bottom of the pan, swirl the batter around as you are pouring it in.
5. As the batter is heated, the crepes will start to release from the pan. Getting the right temperature is the most important part of making your crepes, and you may have to adjust the heat as you go.
6. If the temperature is too high, the crepes will either burn or get too dry. If it is too low, not only will it take a long time to make the crepe, but you also risk allowing the batter to start to fall to the center of the pot, making a thicker crepe in the center.
7. When you notice that the crepe is starting to release from the pan, lift up the edges to help release the entire crepe and then flip it over.Let the other side cook for long enough to slightly brown the surface, and then remove the crepe from the pan.
- Continue making more crepes, beginning by adding a small amount of butter to the pan, and wiping off the excess. Then continue as before.
- Stack your crepes on a plate.
- Optional: when you have finished making crepes with about half of the batter, add the cocoa powder and honey to the rest of the batter. This will allow you to also make some chocolate crepes with the rest of the batter.
Chocolate Mascarpone Filling
- 1 c. Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Blend together the three ingredients until the cocoa powder and honey are completely incorporated into the cheese.
- Once I had made my crepes, I filled them with the chocolate mascarpone filling, and drizzled them with a chocolate sauce that I quickly made with some cocoa powder, water and honey.
3. Topped off with some homemade Chantilly (whipped) cream, my crepes were a unanimous success; quick, simple, and elegant, but definitely not pretentious!
Your kiddies will enjoy them too! Good luck making these delicious crepes with the ones you love!
That’s all folks. Did you enjoy our homemade Chocolate Crepes recipe? Let us know in the comments section below what you thought of our Chocolate Crepes recipe. Do you have a favorite Chocolate Crepes recipe that’s been in your family for ages? Share it with us and we’ll give it a shot. We love making quick and easy recipes that you can make right from the comfort of your home. Hence the reason we started Homemade Recipes.com We want to share our love of cooking with the you! We need your help in creating a community of foodies where you can come and share your recipes and expect the best homemade food prepared by our team of expert chefs and food connoisseurs. Do you want to write for Homemade Recipes? Shoot us an e mail and make sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
Do you have Instagram? Don’t forget to @HomemadeRecipesOfficial.
Click here to Like Us on Facebook.
Click here to Follow Homemade Recipes on Pinterest
Originally posted on October 31, 2014 @ 12:29 PM