Nothing goes better with slices of tender chicken than zesty lime rice and black beans, all inside of a delicious bowl.
One Pot Chicken & Lime Rice With Black Beans
Just because a dish may be simple to prepare, that by no means should be an indicator of how delicious it will turn out.
Quite the contrary.
All you need are a few select ingredients, and as long as you know what to do with them, you can prepare an amazing dish such as this one pot chicken & lime rice with black beans. Best of all, you can whip up this recipe in a single pot (or pan), making the process in the kitchen as painless as possible for you (less to clean, yay!).
- 1 lb. chicken thighs (boneless/skinless) cubed
- 4 green onions (white ends) chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño (chopped)
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 1/2 c. white rice
- 14.5 oz. black beans
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 green onions (green ends) chopped
- 1/3 c. cilantro
- Brown the chicken in a deep pan with a little bit of oil, then add green onions, garlic, jalapeño.
- Stir then add chicken broth, zest and rice.
- Stir again then add beans.
- Cook the entire thing while covered under low heat for about 20 minutes (or until the rice is done).
- Finally, add lime juice, green onion and cilantro.
Watch the GIF below to help you when cooking this one pot chicken & lime rice with black beans recipe!
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media too: