This dump-and-go instant pot chili mac recipe is an instant crowd favorite. It’s simple, it’s hearty, and oozing with lots of cheese.
Hands-Off Instant Pot Chili Mac Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 3 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 12-13 oz whole-grain macaroni
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Turn your Instant Pot into Sauté mode and place your onion, red bell pepper, and ground beef inside. Cook everything until your beef turns brown.
- Still on Sauté mode, add in the chili powder, cumin, garlic, and salt. Keep cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and scrape the bottom to remove all the browning that may be stuck in the pot.
- Turn your Instant Pot off and add the black beans in.
- Spread the pasta sauce on top, then the macaroni next. Distribute the pasta all over the sauce, but don’t mix them.
- Close the lid on. Set the valve to sealing, then select Manual or Pressure Cook mode (depending on the Instant Pot model) for 1-2 minutes.
- Once your Instant Pot beeps, set your pressure valve in-between “Sealing” and “Venting” and wait for the float valve to go down.
- Remove your lid and stir the macaroni. It may look a little dry for your first stir it, but the sauce to pasta ratio will be just right.
- Finally, add your milk and shredded cheese. Keep stirring until all that cheese has melted.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
I hope you enjoyed this simple Instant Pot chili mac recipe. Let me know what you think and stay tuned for more Instant Pot favorites.
How do you dress up your chili mac? Share your tips in the comments section below!
- Crock Pot Baked Beans Recipe For Your Family
- Quick And Easy Instant Pot Bread
- 13 Unusual Homemade Ice Cream Recipes You’ve Never Heard Of
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!