The all-time favorite summertime recipe is here: crockpot baked beans. Loved for their piquant, savory sauce, and tender mixture, these baked beans are the perfect dish for barbecue cookouts on a warm summer night.
How to Make Crockpot Baked Beans?
- 8 slices of coarsely chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup of a finely diced medium onion
- 3 tablespoons of mustard
- 3 15 ounces of soaked beans
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 ketchup (or tomato sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market. The packaging for this product has a fresh new look. During this transition, you may...
- Black Beans are naturally fat free foods.
- Ready to serve.
- Using a large bowl, combine the beans and water. Soak the beans for at least 8 hours. Afterward, drain the beans and transfer them to the slow cooker.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it turns crispy. Transfer the bacon in a plate with a paper towel to dry up the grease.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat on the pan and sauté the onions for about 3 minutes or until it’s translucent.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well. Transfer the mixture into the crockpot.
- Carefully stir the mixture and the beans inside the crockpot. Cook the beans for 2 hours at high temperature or for 5 hours at low temperature. The end result? A tasty crockpot baked beans!
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
This recipe can be prepared in a matter of minutes, the only catch is waiting for the slow cooker to do its job. The secret to bringing out that aroma and tasty flavor of the beans is to layer the beans between the bacon and onion. By doing this, the grease from the bacon and the flavor of the onion infuses with the sauce and beans. For sure this will make your baked beans 10x creamier and yummier.
So, what do you think of this crockpot baked beans recipe? Have you tried it? Let us know in the comments section.
- 17 Healthy Black Bean Quesadillas
- 21 Mouth-Watering Gazpacho Recipes You Won’t Believe Are Healthy
- Homemade Pumpkin Barbecue Sauce | Recipe
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!