Did you know that chia seeds can make your life even betterr?
You’ll Find The Best Chia Seeds Recipe On This List!
Chia seeds were known as a superfood, but are now being called the “miracle food” of the year.
Why? Because it has everything our body needs to stay fit and healthy! They can be eaten raw or added to dishes like smoothies, puddings, bread, and in savory dishes.
Supposedly, the Aztecs, Mayans and Incans used chia as a staple of their diet and as an energy food. Chia means “strength” in the Mayan language, and they were known as the “Indian Running Food” because runners and warriors would use them for sustenance while running long distances or during battle.
Here are 11 health benefits of chia seeds that are supported by human studies:
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
- Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
- Almost All The Carbs in Them Are Fiber
- Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
- Due to The High Fiber and Protein Content, Chia Seeds Should be Able to Help You Lose Weight
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Chia Seeds May Improve Certain Blood Markers, Which Should Lower The Risk of Heart Disease and Type 2 Diabetes
- They Are High in Many Important Bone Nutrients
- Chia Seeds Can Cause Major Improvements in Type 2 Diabetics
- Chia Seeds Can Improve Exercise Performance as Much as a Sports Drink
- Chia Seeds Are Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet
1. Vanilla Chia Pudding
- A bowl a day keeps the doctor away!
image via ifoodreal
If your goal is to have a fit and healthy body to show off then you should start incorporating this nutritious pudding recipe into your morning routine and making it a habit. This vanilla chia pudding is topped with real blueberries . Breakfast has never been this good or nutritious. This is a good source of energy that will help you survive the day.
2. Lemon Chia Seed Pudding Muffins
- Muffins for simple pleasure and a healthy treat!
image via Something Swanky
This lemon chia seed muffins taste just like the Lemon Poppy Seed muffins we all love, but so much better with its health benefits! They’re sweet, tart, extra soft, and fluffy. These muffins will give you an extra boost of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. This is pretty much the best piece of cake you can have for breakfast. It’ll make your morning right and sweet.
3. Chia Seed Water
- A healthy and natural energy drink that’s better than a sports drink.
image via Not Your Standard
A delicious, healthy, natural energy drink that tastes great on the go! This drink is also an easy way to get in your daily intake of omega-3 fatty acids. This chia water is made from natural coconut water which provides many of the same benefits as formulated sports drinks, including the electrolytes calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium, but in their natural form. So obviously, it’s better than a sports drink!
4. Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
image via ifoodreal
Chia pudding is one of the most popular and easiest recipes to create from chia seeds. You can actually use any flavor you’d want your pudding to have. This chia pudding recipe is one of a kind and one of the most nutritious versions of pudding for it has pumpkin puree and spice in it. It has the natural sweetness from pumpkin that makes it more delicious and super tasty.
5. Homemade Gluten-Free Chia Tortillas
- Tortilla wraps like you never had before!
image via Meaningful Eats
Who knew you could make amazing tortillas from chia seeds? Isn’t it surprising?! Well it’s true and here it is. This recipe will make you truly delighted for you can now roll and wrap up your favorite fillings in something pliable and gluten-free. This is a must-try, my friends!!
6. Chia Meatballs with Easy Marinara Sauce
- These meatballs taste like it’s sinful but are actually healthy and wholesome.
image via Bare Root Girl
Chia seeds can be used in sweet or savory dishes. Just like these flavorful meatballs made without eggs or grain as a binder. Chia seeds keep your meat perfectly shaped! It’s one of the best food choices to make anytime of the day plus it is so affordable and easy to make. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe!
7. Superfood Chia Green Smoothie
- Keep calm and go green!
image via ifoodreal
Well, the name says it all! Spinach, leafy kale, tiny chia seeds…. all these nutritious babies in one delicious green smoothie. Plus apple and cucumber… what more could you ask for?
8. Chocolate Chia Seed Cake
- Chocolate cake packed with chia seeds makes for a lovely and healthy dessert.
image via The Nutrition Guru and the Chef
Take please in this extremely healthy and nutritious cake without having to compromise the taste, sweetness and characteristic of an indulgent chocolate dessert. Even if you’re not a fan of chia seeds, you won’t be able to taste them in this heavenly dessert!
9. Mango Chia Popsicles
- Refreshing treats are the best thing during hot, crazy weather.
image via Jelly Toast
I know for sure that chia seeds make for a delicious popsicle. It complements mango really well and comes together to create a super cool summer treat. These snacks are perfect for picnics and other outdoor activities.
10. Roasted Garlic & Chia Guacamole
- Yum-yum! Guacamole always tastes light and natural!
image via Eat Thrive Glow
This creamy, vibrant green guacamole recipe with roasted garlic and chia seeds is screaming for Spring (or, if you’re a rebel, Winter)! The garlic becomes thick and creamy when roasted, which makes it perfect for a guacamole recipe like this. This guacamole is a great dip for chips and sliced veggies. The chia seeds sprinkled on top make this recipe a total win-win!
11. Blueberry Almond Chia Pudding
- A breakfast treat to make you feel fuller longer during the day.
image via Delightful E Made
Having a great meal for breakfast is the best thing to start a day with. This blueberry almond chia seed pudding is the PERFECT meal to have for breakfast! It’s a make-ahead breakfast and will take you only 2 minutes to put all the ingredients together the night before you go to bed. When you wake up, it will be ready to eat!
With a single serving of this pudding, you can get all the health benefits of chia seeds plus you’re also getting plenty of protein and calcium from the milk and almonds, which will also help you feel fuller longer.
12. Curried Carrot Chickpea Chia Burgers
- This burger patty tastes like meat but even healthier.
image via Veggie And The Beast
Nothing compares to a crispy, slightly spicy, perfectly curried plant-based burger like this one. Being healthy with your diet has never been this exciting or tasty. These patties are jam-packed with healthy things like carrots, chickpeas, spices, and superfood chia seeds. They taste like the regular beef patty but even better with all the veggies and other good stuff in it.
13. Cinnamon Chia Pudding with Coconut & Blueberries
- Chia pudding with frozen blueberries and all the goodness from coconut, nutmeg and cinnamon.
image via This Rawsome Vegan Life
Here is another amazing chia pudding recipe that I bet you will love for life! It is simply made from chia seeds, sesame seeds, nutmeg, cinnamon, coconut, and frozen blueberries. So what are you waiting for?? Grab a packet of chia seeds and all these lovely ingredients coz’ this pudding treat is calling out your name!
14. Wild Blueberry Chia Oatmeal
- Treat your morning right with a bowl of this vegan goodness!
image via Healthy Happy Life
Make yourself a bowl of this vegan wild blueberry chia oatmeal to help you stay alive and energized all throughout the day. The tender oats plump up when infused with a hearty sprinkle of chia seeds. And there’s so much going on in this bowl that every moment is a delicious treat!
15. Chia Seeds Jelly
- This jelly looks so pretty and so delicious. I can’t help but stare!
image via Anncoo Journal
These jelly babies are sitting there like a demure lady trying to seduce someone! This chia seed jelly has a citrusy flavor that comes from lemons, limes and oranges. It also has a natural sweetness from honey. Indeed a refreshing treat to cool you down during hot summer days!
16. Potato Loaf with Chia Seeds
- One of the best recipe from chia seeds. I’m a big fan!
image via Anncoo Journal
This loaf is too good to be true! Even without spread or any fillings, this potato loaf with chia seeds can make it on top and is simply irresistible. This is the kind of healthy dish you don’t wanna miss.
17. Strawberry Chia Frozen Yogurt
- Stay cool and in good shape with this lip-smacking frozen yogurt you’ll love!
image via Chef De Home
Strawberries and yogurt plus these superfood chia seeds combined together makes for a scrumptious frozen yogurt that tastes so, so good. I am not exaggerating when I say that this strawberry chia frozen yogurt is truly a mind-blowing treat.
Did you know that chia seeds can turn into chia pets?!
We hope you enjoyed this post and got some great recipes to make with chia seeds! Tell us which one steals your heart and tantalizes your taste buds!
Which chia seeds recipe is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below.
Up Next: 15 Healthy Shakes For Better Living
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!